Dining Services Transition
Pace University is undergoing a transition in dining service vendors beginning April 2011. This website will keep the community abreast of the steps being taken to bring in a new vendor by January 2012. We encourage you to check the site often for progress reports, and to offer your thoughts and opinions on the message board.
Here are the steps that will be taken to ensure a smooth transition.
- A request for qualifications (RFQ) for a new food service vendor was issued the week of April 4.
- In April, a request for proposals (RFP) was issued to the qualified companies that respond to the RFQ (RFP).
- A committee of faculty, staff, and students, was formed to help develop the RFP and choose the new vendor.
- The vendor will be selected in October of 2011.
- The new vendor will take over food service responsibilities on or around January 1, 2012.
Take the Secret Shopper Survey and tell us what you think.
An "A" for Eating
We are pleased to report that after an in-depth inspection by the New York City Department of Health, the dining facilities at One Pace Plaza received two “A” ratings, one for Café 101 including the kitchen, the other for the Spotlight. The grades will be posted at both facilities. “We all worked hard to achieve the A rating and we are committed to maintaining it!” said Mary Lieto, executive director of Auxiliary Services.