Justice: 50 Years Later (PLV)
A Pace professor hosts a discussion on the impact of Freedom Summer 1964 on April 16 in PLV.
In 1964, civil rights organizations organized a voter registration drive, known as Freedom Summer 1964 or the Mississippi Summer Project, to expand black voting in the south.
50 years later, as part of Pace’s continuing theme of Justice, Dyson Assistant Professor of History Durahn Taylor, PhD, will lead Freedom Summer 1964: 50 Years Later, a discussion on its impact on Wednesday, April 16, from 12:10 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. in the Mortola Library in PLV.
Taylor’s research explores the political dynamics between government leaders and disadvantaged groups, such as ethnic and racial minorities. He teaches African-American History, American Presidential and Constitutional History, Post-Civil War United States History, and the history of American Ethnic and Race Relations on Pace’s Westchester Campus. A licensed New York City Sight-Seeing Guide, Taylor has also created and produced his own history television program in White Plains.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
We the people of Pace University will celebrate Constitution Day with pocket Constitutions, patriotic cupcakes, a discussion, and more on Wednesday, September 17.
Freedom is Sweet
Do a little dance, show a little love for the Setters, and get down to the Dance Team Pre-Audition Workshop and Tryout.
Think You Can Dance? (PLV)
Synchronized pranks and the San Gennaro festival; museums and musicals; Welcome Week in NYC has got it all.
Welcome Week Rounds the Corner (NYC)