Last year, the Pace Community joined together to raise funds and volunteer after Superstorm Sandy. This month, join Pforzheimer, CCAR, and OMA in aiding in the recovery of those affected by Typhoon Haiyan.
Last year, in the wake of Superstorm Sandy, Pace University formed the Pace Cares Initiative, mobilized volunteer efforts, collected more than 2,000 items of donated food, clothing, personal care items, and cleaning supplies in one day, and established a fund to provide financial assistance to Pace students affected by the storm.
As Typhoon Haiyan wreaked havoc on the Philippines, killing more than 2,000 people and displacing more than half a million, the Pace Community is working together to collection donations.
The Pforzheimer Honors College, the Center for Community Action and Research, and the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) are collaborating to provide and aid and relief to the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan.
The Honors College, in conjunction with the Center for Community Action and Research, is hosting information tables at One Pace Plaza, Monday, November 18–Thursday, November 21.
Honors College students will inform the Pace Community on how to text donations to establish on-the-ground relief organizations working in the Philippines. Fact sheets, developed by the Center for Community Action and Research, will also be available with the names of additional organizations that are accepting monetary donations.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is accepting donations of the following items until Monday, December 2:
- Ground Tarps/Plastic Sheeting
- Feminine hygiene products
- First aid products
- Aspirin and other pain-relief medications
- Water Purification Tablets
- Contractor-Strength Trash Bags
Donations may be dropped of at the Office of Multicultural Affairs, 41 Park Row, 9th floor Reception Area.
For further information, please contact:
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Programs and Services
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
We the people of Pace University will celebrate Constitution Day with pocket Constitutions, patriotic cupcakes, a discussion, and more on Wednesday, September 17.
Freedom is Sweet
Do a little dance, show a little love for the Setters, and get down to the Dance Team Pre-Audition Workshop and Tryout.
Think You Can Dance? (PLV)
Synchronized pranks and the San Gennaro festival; museums and musicals; Welcome Week in NYC has got it all.
Welcome Week Rounds the Corner (NYC)