Safety and Security
we are looking out for you
At Pace University, we make it a priority to provide a safe campus environment at our New York and Westchester campuses. That’s why we’ve put measures in place to safeguard our communities, including:
- Employing a professional in-house security staff with many years of law enforcement and private security experience, augmented by a top-notch uniform security guard company;
- Providing an electronic emergency alert (Pace Emergency Alert System) system that allows students to receive emergency messages from Pace on their cell phone or PDA;
- Installing an electronic security system, which includes closed circuit television cameras, intrusion alarms, card access readers and an emergency communication system;
- Creating a Security Awareness Program to keep the Pace Community informed of safety precautions, that employs the Pace Intranet and school newspapers to send alerts, update information, and furnish tips on safety and security;
- Providing an escort service between any two points on campus between dusk and dawn; and
- Requiring students, faculty, and staff to carry or wear their IDs at all times and to cooperate if asked for ID by a security officer.
- In 2010, we were named one of the 50 safest campuses in the country by The Daily Beast.
- For more information about Pace University's efforts to operate a safe campus, please visit the Safety & Security department's website.