To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following (if you are currently studying at another language school in the United States and would like to transfer to Pace ELI, please visit "Transfer to ELI"):
Completed application form.
A photocopy of passport.
Affidavit of Support form signed by your financial sponsor. (It's already included in the Application.) Print one copy for each sponsor.
Original bank letter in English is preferred. Click to see an example of a bank letter. Pleas request 2 bank letters - one to bring to the Embassy and another to send with your application. Bank letters should be dated within three months of the date of your application is received.
Non-refundable application fee of $60.00. Select one of payment method
- Students outside the United states - please make a secure online payment through peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com**
**please note that payment by credit card (VISA or Mastercard) through peerTransfer must be done using a non-US bank account issued creditcard. The bank account cannot be based in the United States. Watch an instructional video online here. There is the convenience fee charged to the credit card payment. You can avoid the convenience fee by using your overseas bank account.
- Payment using an US bank - Make money orders & checks payable to “Pace University”
- Optional: $65 Express Mail fee (non-refundable). The acceptance material will be sent by express mail service with a tracking number. Please add this amount to your online payment thrugh peerTransfer at http://paceeli.peertransfer.com.
Please read Application and Admissions policies.
Housing Application- if you are NOT going to apply for Pace University Housing, please SKIP number7
- For anyone who would like to apply for housing, please read the Housing page.
- To reserve a room for a Fall, Winter or Spring semester on the Pleasantville or Briarcliff campus, please submit the "Housing Application Form" with a deposit of US$500.00 ($400 non-refundable pre-payment, and $100 Security Deposit).
- To reserve a room at Dannat Hall on the Law School campus, please submit the Housing Application Form with the $500 ($100 Security Deposit and $400 Housing Deposit) pre-payment that is refundable on a declining scale. A copy of the 2015-2016, housing deposit refund schedule may be found by visiting: http://law.pace.edu/housing. You must be 21 years old or older to apply to stay at Dannat Hall.
For a Fall, Winter, or Spring semester, $400 out of the $500 deposit will be applied to your housing fee, and $100 will be used as a security deposit. The security deposit will be returned to you when you check out, and if your room has not been damaged. Housing deposits can be paid through peerTransfer. Please ask your university ID before making the payment.
Please Note: All forms that have been mentioned here are in the download page.
- Mail an application and all of original supporting documents to the English Language Institute.
78 N Broadway
Be sure to include English Language Institute AND your name and return address on the envelope.
Upon receiving your application and financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application at least six weeks before you wish to begin your studies. Students who are interested in Pace housing should apply at least three months before the beginning of each semester, as space is limited. For a Fall semester, please submit your housing application as early as possible to secure a spot. Please visit the Housing page.
Click here to download forms
International Students: Pace University is now a partner with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition and housing payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school. Live help is available in various language.
What do I need to do upon receipt of Form I-20? These are links from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website: http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/start-here