How to Apply


Steps in obtaining Financial Aid are similar for Undergraduate and Graduate Students. Whether you are a new or returning student, you must apply annually for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please Note: If you are an international student, you are not eligible for federal or state financial aid programs, however, you may qualify for one of the many scholarships offered at Pace University.

Merit scholarships and merit-based aid do not require a FAFSA submission.

Applying for Financial Aid is similar for most students, whether you are a Freshman, Transfer or Graduate student. However, there are some differences that you should be aware of, depending on whether you are a future or current student.

Follow the steps below to apply for Financial Aid. Then review any additional steps required for: Future Students or Current Students.


To apply for financial aid from the Federal Government, New York State or Pace University, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. You can apply online starting January 1st each year at

You and your parents or spouse (if you are married), must electronically sign the FAFSA online using your individual PIN numbers, which can be requested from the Federal Student Aid PIN website located at

For priority consideration, you should file the FAFSA no later than February 15th as some awards are made to qualifying applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. You can continue to file after this date; however, consideration for certain funds will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

You may estimate your answers concerning your federal tax return information if you have not yet completed your tax return. Estimating the answers to tax questions on the FAFSA is OK – because you can update the data once the tax returns are complete. Students admitted to Pace University for the Spring semester should file the FAFSA no later than December 1st for priority consideration.

When you complete the FAFSA you will need to list one of the following Pace University campus codes:

  • New York City campus: 002791
  • Pleasantville campus: 002792
  • White Plains campus: 002727

Shortly after filing the FAFSA the Federal Aid Processing Center will send you an Electronic Student Aid Report (eSAR). It is essential you read the comments, check the data, and follow all instructions, especially if they require that you make any corrections.


Read all communications received from the Pace University Financial Aid Office and return any requested documentation promptly. Be sure to look out for notices such as the Financial Aid Award letter.

The Financial Aid office communicates with students via their Pace University e-mail account, MyPace portal and occasionally, through the U.S. postal system. Be sure to setup your Pace University e-mail account and log in to your MyPace portal regularly to stay up to date with important information about your Financial Aid.

When contacting the Financial Aid Office be sure to have available the student's first and last name along with their University ID number. Be sure to include this information in all written correspondence, voice mail, or e-mail as well.

Want to learn more about the FAFSA and the role it plays in determining your Financial Aid package? Click here.


New York State Aid


To complete your application for New York State aid (New York residents only), complete the Express TAP Application (ETA) online. (You will be provided with a link to the ETA from the FAFSA website after you finish filing your FAFSA.)

Legal New York residents who did not submit the online TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) application after completing the FAFSA and who wish to be considered for New York State aid may access the application at

Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans

To apply for the Direct Parent PLUS loan, have your parents return the Plus Application included with your Award Notice package. Applicants must pass a credit check to be approved for this loan.

Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans

To apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS loan, fill out the application that can be found in the forms section in the Financial Aid website and submit it to Pace University. Applicants must pass a credit check to be approved for this loan.

Pace University Endowed Scholarships

To apply for Endowed Scholarships from Pace University (Continuing and Resuming students only), complete the application on-line at:

Alternative Loans

To apply for Alternative Loans from private lenders, apply on your lender's website and provide your lender with any requested documentation.

Summer Financial Aid

Limited types and amounts of financial aid are available for the summer terms. Students should be aware that using financial aid during the summers may impact their eligibility for aid during the following academic year or at the end of their degree program.

Students interested in receiving financial aid for the summer terms should make sure they have filed the FAFSA for the academic year prior to the summer (i.e. 2014-2015 for Summer 2015). In most cases a student should also already have a FAFSA on file for the following academic year.

In addition, summer aid applicants must file a Pace University Application for Summer Financial Aid, which is available in the beginning of March each year on the Financial Aid web site under the forms section. Students can also obtain a Summer Application from the Financial Aid Office on their home campus.

- Return to Top -