Employee Recognition Ceremonies
May 21, 2014
Dear Valued Colleagues:
The Nomination Database is open! Now is the time to recognize the hard work and accomplishments of our talented staff and faculty members.
Please join us in nominating individuals and/or teams for outstanding contributions to the University in the following categories:
- Diversity Award Individual and/or Team – Faculty, Adjunct, Staff Member(s)
- STAR Award Individual and/or Team – Faculty, Adjunct or Staff Member(s)
- President’s Extra Mile for Customer Service Award Individual – Faculty, Adjunct or Staff Member
- University’s Faculty Awards for Distinguished Service Individual and/or Team – Faculty/Adjunct Member(s) Only
- President’s Award for Staff Excellence in Leadership Individual and/or Team - Staff Only
- Outstanding Staff Contribution Award Individual and/or Team - Staff Only
- Student Adviser Award Individual – Faculty, Adjunct or Staff Member
Click here for additional information and criteria for each category. All above listed Special Awards have monetary prizes.
Nominations: Your involvement in the nomination process is essential in making the special award program meaningful and successful. You can become involved in the following ways:
- Nomination Committee Members Needed: Join the nomination committee responsible for selecting awardees. Representation by faculty, staff and students creates a diverse committee! If you are interested in participating on the committee, please contact Rosemary Mulry (email@example.com).
- Nominate an individual or team. Simply click here,complete the nomination form and submit it by Sunday, September 28, 2014.
In an effort to celebrate service honorees within their anniversary year, the 2014 Employee Recognition Ceremonies will be held during the month of November 2014.
Below are the dates and locations of the Employee Recognition Ceremonies honoring those who have completed five through 50 years of service and those being recognized with Special Awards.
Law School/Graduate Center Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Tudor Room, Preston Hall, Law School
New York City Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Student Union, One Pace Plaza
Briarcliff/Pleasantville Award Ceremony and Reception
Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Briarcliff Campus Cafeteria
Service Awards: As in past years, we will be providing a choice of fantastic gifts, for all honorees at each service level, which will continue to include the traditional pins and “Hitchcock” chair. To view a complete list of available items, please click here. If you are an honoree in 2014, you will receive a personalized email from OC Tanner, our employee recognition awards vendor, with information on how to select and order a gift at your specific service level.
I hope you will nominate both individuals and teams recognizing their accomplishments, win some prizes, and attend the recognition events. It is a wonderful opportunity to come together and show our support and appreciation for the many great successes of our faculty and staff. I look forward to seeing you at your campus event.
Associate Vice President, Human Resources