Doctoral Expected Student Learning Outcomes
Within the framework of primary health care and consistent with professional standards, the student will be able to:
1. Synthesize relevant theories from a variety of disciplines to develop frameworks for culturally competent, evidence-based advanced practice nursing in primary health care.
2. Guide the provision of culturally competent evidence-based primary health care to individuals and populations in a variety of primary care practice settings.
3. Evaluate evidence related to clinical, educational, cultural, and organizational issues, needs and challenges to recommend a course of action for best practices in primary health care.
4. Design mentorship roles in primary health care clinical practice in the development, implementation and evaluation of culturally competent, evidence-based best practice protocols and projects.
5. Integrate relevant information technology to support culturally competent, evidence-based primary health care delivery.
6. Create change in health policy using the best available evidence with a culturally competent primary care perspective.
7. Develop collaborations with other disciplines and essential stakeholders to provide culturally competent, best practices in primary health care.
Accepted by the LSN Faculty Association, August 26, 2008