Lubin at a Glance
Academic Programs • National Recognition • The Lubin Professional Experience
Founded in 1906, Pace University has nearly 13,000 students across its six schools. The Lubin School of Business is a nationally ranked leader in business education. We prepare students to become leaders in management - competent in their chosen disciplines, multidisciplinary in problem solving, ethically aware, grounded in action, trained in outcomes, and socially responsible. Lubin offers small classes, outstanding faculty, a student-centered environment, convenient locations, and full-time and part-time programs in New York City and Westchester County.
3,849 students: 2,673 undergraduate and 1,176 graduate
The Lubin faculty (105 full-time, 83 part-time) comprises accomplished practitioners and noted scholars whose research is quoted in such major media as BusinessWeek, CNN, Fortune, The New York Times, WABC, The Wall Street Journal, WCBS, and The Washington Post.
Student Exchange Programs
BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); CEFAM (France); EM Strasbourg Business School (France); European Business School-London (United Kingdom); Hong Kong Baptist University (China); Lingnan University (China); MICEFA (France); Nova School of Business and Economics (Portugal);PUC-Rio (Brazil); Sophia University, Tokyo (Japan); SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany); University of Adelaide (Australia); University College of Cork (Ireland); University of Mannheim (Germany); Universidad del Pacifico (Chile); University of Paris-Dauphine (France); University of Technology, Sydney (Australia); and Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland).
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
BI Norwegian Business School (Norway);CEFAM (France);EDHEC Business School (France); European Business School Paris (France); Grenoble Ecole de Management (France); Reims Management School (France); Rouen Business School (France); Tokyo Keizai University (Japan); and Universidad Europea de Madrid (Spain)..
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Majors: accounting (general, public accounting - CPA preparation), finance, general business, information systems, international management, management (arts and entertainment management, business management, entrepreneurship, health care management, hospitality and tourism management, human resources management), marketing (advertising and integrated marketing communications, global marketing management, sports marketing) and quantitative business analysis and iPace business studies (online degree completion program for adult students).
Business Honors Program (BHP)
The Business Honors Program is offered by the Lubin School of Business as a special track within Pforzheimer Honors College. This program is open to Honors students pursuing business majors in the Lubin School of Business and provides them with an enhanced academic experience that will prepare them for leadership roles in global business. Highlights include: foundation learning communities;an international study component; an advanced leadership course; a year-long capstone Honors thesis sequence in a business area; exceptional mentoring opportunities; and dedicated Program Directors and faculty and staff advisers on both campuses.
Combined Degree Programs (BBA/MBA, BBA/MS, MBA/JD)
The following five-year CPA qualifying programs combine a BBA in Public Accounting with one of the following master's degree programs: MBA in Public Accounting, MS in Financial Management, or MS in Taxation. All three are registered CPA programs and satisfy the current 150-credit education requirement for the CPA exam. Lubin also offers an MBA/JD Program.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), financial management (financial management, investment management), information systems, international business, management (change management, entrepreneurship, human resources management), marketing management, and taxation. Dual concentration MBAs may be earned, requiring only nine additional credits in most cases.
Master of Science (MS)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), customer intelligence and analytics, financial management, financial risk management, human resources management, investment management, social media and mobile marketing, and taxation.
A 20-month Web-assisted executive MBA program for managers and professionals that combines Internet-based learning with periodic weekend residencies. The program is based on large-scale team projects and a series of management skills modules.
Master in Finance for Professionals (MFP)
For business professionals working in finance or those eager for an expedient path to enter the field, the MFP is a one-year, 36-credit program comprised of six weekend residencies spaced roughly eight weeks apart with internet-based learning in between.
Doctor of Professional Studies (DPS)
A 57-credit, web-assisted, research-based doctoral program for business professionals who have demonstrated career achievement during more than 10 years of business experience and earned an MBA or related master's degree with good academic performance.
Advanced Graduate Certificate Program
A 12-16 credit program offering customized modules in most business fields for those with an MBA or MS in business.
National Recognition for Educational Programs and Alumni Achievements
- Lubin's dual accreditation by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, in both business and accounting, is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 2% of business schools in the world.
- Lubin is the second largest private AACSB-accredited business school in the New York Metropolitan Area and the seventh largest private AACSB-accredited business school in the country.
- Pace University has been ranked by Forbes as one of the top 20 colleges "that will make you rich."
- Praised by AACSB International, the Lubin School is "lauded for its student-focused programs, experience-based learning, financial capital location, small classes, devoted faculty, and program satisfaction."
- The undergraduate business program at Pace University's Lubin School of Business is ranked among the best business programs nationwide by U.S.News & World Report in its "Best Colleges" survey.
- Lubin's part-time MBA program is ranked among the best programs nationwide by U.S.News & World Report in its "Best Graduate Schools" survey.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Pace University #1 in New York City and #3 in the nation for "Best Online Bachelor's Program."
- Tax Talent's 2013 Educational Survey Series ranks Lubin's MS in Taxation sixth in the United States. This survey is based on the responses of 127 heads of corporate tax departments.
- Lubin graduate programs in management, information systems, law, and economics have been ranked among the best masters programs by EDUNIVERSAL, an organization which ranks the top global business programs in the world.
- Pace University has the largest internship program in the Metropolitan New York area.
- Pace University has been ranked by Forbes as one of the top 20 "colleges that will make you rich."
- Several of Lubin's finance programs have received prestigious recognition from the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This is reflective of the outstanding quality of our finance programs.
- Notable alumni include Mark Besca, NYC Office Managing Partner, Ernst & Young, LLP; Philip F. Bleser, CEO, Global Corporate Bank-North America, JPMorgan Chase & Co.; Michael Clinton, president, marketing and publishing director, Hearst Magazines; Melvin Karmazin, CEO, Sirius XM Radio; William C. Nelson, chairman and CEO, HBO; David Pecker, chairman and CEO, American Media, Inc.; Ivan G. Seidenberg, former chairman and CEO, Verizon; and Paula L. Summa, general manager, IBM.com.
The Lubin Professional Experience is a unique program that enhances Pace's core business curriculum for Lubin students. Through career-focused coursework, professional experiences, and internships, the program makes students job-ready. Internship experiences are available off- or on-campus. Professional experiences are satisfied through a variety of classroom and cocurricular activities. Students graduate from the program job-ready and experienced in their chosen fields.
- Lubin students invest real money in the Student Managed Investment Portfolio, work on a year-long advertising and integrated marketing communications campaign as part of the American Advertising Federation competition, work in teams on projects for real clients in courses such as Marketing Communications and Public Relations, and participate in international field study courses.
- Students can choose from 20 business professional student clubs, interact with executives, and gain managerial skills and leadership abilities. They can participate in professional competitions and work with real business situations and clients, such as Beta Alpha Psi's annual Best Practices Competition, the annual American Marketing Association's Collegiate Conference, the ALPFA/KPMG-Accounting Case Competition, the Annual RISE competition for finance students, and the Interactive and Direct Marketing Lab.
- Studying in the business capital of the world, students can enjoy all that New York City and the surrounding area has to offer. As part of their classes, students visit the New York Stock Exchange; "see the gold" at the Federal Reserve; and intern at top media companies like MTV, NBC, and HBO. Both campuses are surrounded by hundreds of companies, many topping the Fortune 100 list, and Lubin leverages its relationship with alumni and other corporate partners to maximize opportunities at these firms for students.
- With the largest internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area, Lubin provides real-world business experiences, transforming students into job-ready professionals. Most Lubin students have multiple internships prior to graduation.
- Lubin's Executive in Residence Program draws on the school's close links with the business community to bring business leaders to campus from such major corporations as Barnesandnoble. com, DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc., Dow Jones and Company, FreshDirect, Hearst Magazines, IBM, Ingersoll-Rand, JPMorgan Chase & Co., KPMG, the New York Stock Exchange, Oreck Corporation, PepsiCo, Pfizer Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Texaco, Tiffany & Co., U.S. RE Corporation, and Vera Wang.
- Corporate executives at the forefront of developments in their industries serve on Lubin advisory boards and ensure the continued relevancy of Lubin educational programs to current business needs.
- Lubin's mentoring program on LinkedIn is available to every student. We have more than 71,000 accomplished alumni, many of whom can assist you with resume review, mock interviews, an experience at their office, and other valuable insights.
- Lubin students learn entrepreneurial leadership: identifying opportunity, building a financial model and strategic plan, identifying the capital and human resources necessary, setting metrics, and continuous execution toward the vision.
- Lubin's Entrepreneurship Lab provide the tools and mentoring for the development of business plans and the seed capital for new ventures, and host speakers, workshops, and competitions. Every academic discipline can be the source of inspiration for new ventures, new software applications, and new products.
- The Center for Global Business Programs provides international and domestic institutions an opportunity to differentiate their
offerings through a New York City-based module. Custom
programs range from a few weeks to a full academic year and are offered during all semesters, including the summer. The Center delivers a dynamic New York City experience that includes company visits and cultural events.
- Lubin has a large and diverse international student population, with 947 students representing 81 nations.