Call for Sessions
This year’s Faculty Institute will focus on what achievement means for faculty and students. Submit your proposal for a 60-minute session no later than March 24, 2017. Also stay tuned for the inaugural retention conference!
Pace University’s sixteenth annual Faculty Institute will take place May 16–17, 2017, on the New York City Campus. This year’s Faculty Institute will examine different ways to think about achievement, both for ourselves as faculty, and for our students. We will explore various avenues for reaching our goals, however we define personal and professional achievement.
The planning committee invites and encourages your participation in this year's Institute with this call for session proposals. Consistent with the theme of goal setting for success we welcome interactive workshops and presentation proposals that address:
- >> Examining what achievement means to students and faculty
- >> Exploring strategies to achievement
- >> Engaging with students in and beyond the classroom
- >> Establishing collaborative relationships
- >> Supporting faculty and student achievement
- >> Maintaining quality of life while balancing professional demands
- >> Setting your own pace to success
- >> Setting goals for students and faculty
- >> Critical elements to goal setting
- >> Developing active learning goals for students
- >> My professional development needs
- >> Challenges to achievement and how to overcome them
The committee is seeking 60-minute sessions that demonstrate innovative, interdisciplinary and unconventional efforts that faculty, staff, and students can engage in to advance the theme of the Institute as well as teaching and learning. The focus should address successful strategies that can impact on achievement and goals for students and faculty.
The deadline to submit is Friday, March 24, 2017. For more information about how to submit your proposal, click here.
Save the Date: Pace’s Inaugural Retention Conference
June 16 | 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. | Willcox Hall
“GOING THE EXTRA MILE—Data‐driven, student‐focused retention strategies that work”
The conference will take place on Friday, June 16, 2017 on the Westchester Campus. It will offer sessions that highlight best practices, evidence of impact, and exciting innovations in retention and student success.
We invite proposals for 45 minute workshops (500 word abstract). Proposals are due April 1, 2017 and notification will take place by May 1, 2017. All presenters must also register for the conference. Please email your proposal to Adèle MacKinlay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible topics and themes include:
- >> Predictive Analytics
- >> Targeted Support for Specific Populations
- >> Effective Student Communication
- >> Advisement Infrastructure
- >> Innovative Programming
- >> Financial Literacy Programs
- >> Summer Bridge Programs
- >> Academic Supports
- >> Student Success and Retention Platforms
- >> 4-year Planning
- >> Addressing Systemic Issues
- >> Short and Long Term Strategies
- >> Best Practices for Mentoring Students
- >> Mentoring
Please join the Pace Community as we partner with renowned firm Margolis Healy to enhance safety and security on campus. The Campus Safety Forums will be held on March 8 (NYC) and March 9 (PLV).
Campus Safety Forums
Pace faculty are on a roll—and it isn’t even summer break yet! Check out their latest successes. You’ll be inspired!
Faculty Success Stories: March 2018
Extra, extra! Professors are dishing on issues in higher education, the Mueller investigation, eating vegan on a budget, and much more in this edition of Fit to Print!
Fit to Print: March 2018