Festival of Colors 2018 (PLV)
Enjoy the coming of spring with the Asian Student Union! They’ll be celebrating Holi on Friday, April 27, with authentic Indian food, free giveaways, and, of course, colorful powder.
Holi, also known as the festival of colors, is a Hindu festival based around the celebration of spring. The Asian Student Union will be marking the occasion by serving up authentic Indian appetizers like samosas, chicken tikka masala, and vegetable pulao rice. They’ll also be giving away 50 exclusive t-shirts to the first 50 people who arrive at the event, so be sure to get there on time!
Friday, April 27, 2018
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Alumni Hall Lawn
After food, anyone who wishes to participate will be directed to the designated color zone for the pièce de résistance: throwing colorful powder into the air—and at each other—to celebrate spring.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your Pace Holi experience:
- >> Wear light colored clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- >> The color powders we’re using are natural and non-toxic, but you may want to consider wearing sunglasses to prevent powder from entering your eyes. To make sure the color powder washes off easily, apply moisturizer on exposed skin.
- >> Respect others. Holi is a celebration for everyone, but it’s important to keep personal space and comfort in mind. Please keep your hands to yourself when applying colors.
- >> If you are planning to record the events, be sure to put your smartphone in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from damage and getting too dusty from the color powder.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
April showers getting you down? Stop by the NYC Campus for a ’90s-themed festival, pop up zine fair, celebration of black artists, and many more exciting events coming up this month.
April in NYC
Join members of the Confucius Institute (CI) and the Center for Global Psychology as they celebrate CI’s ninth anniversary! There will be lectures, a reception, and a celebration to honor the cultural enrichment CI brings to Pace every year.
Celebrating the Confucius Institute (NYC)
Cut. It. Out. Dave Coulier, aka Uncle Joey from Full(er) House, is coming to Pace on Thursday, April 19! Be there for a night of some serious laughs and plenty of nostalgia.
Comedy Night with Dave Coulier (NYC)