Startup Your Semester (NYC)
Starting with the Entrepreneurs Roundtable on February 25—an event featuring three Setter innovators on the verge of making a big splash—Pace’s Entrepreneurship Lab is gearing up for an eventful spring semester!
The Entrepreneurship Lab may not be as big a staple of your youth as the lab run by that mad cartoon genius named Dexter—but with some stellar events coming up, it may ultimately prove to be the more significant one. The eLab has quite a bit going on this semester, including:
Thursday, February 25 | 5:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m. | Aniello Bianco Room
Are you the creator of the next Instagram? Looking to upend Uber? The Entrepreneurship Roundtable is a must-attend for anyone interested in turning their dream business idea into a reality.
Two members of the roundtable—fellow Setters Scarlett Laughlin and John Harrison—were awarded $7,500 each last fall through the Ted and Pat Levine Proof of Concept Entrepreneurship Initiative, and have since made considerable strides in their respective startups. The panel will also feature Kumesh Aroomoogan, BBA ’14, a recent Pace graduate with a successful and rapidly expanding venture, and will be moderated by eLab director Bruce Bachenheimer.
In addition to the panel discussion, the roundtable will feature audience Q&A, and will conclude with a networking session.
Pace Mobile App Design Contest 4.0/Hackathon
Friday, March 11 | 9:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m. | 163 William Street, Room 344
Designed for aspiring innovators—and for people who come up with really good ideas every now and again—this event offers participants the chance to learn basic design concepts from a team of experts, who will assist in bringing your ingenious ideas to life. A panel of judges will review your potential app, and you’ll have the chance to win up to $500.
To learn more and/or to register for the Design Contest, visit www.pace.edu/adc.
Also coming up…
- Registration for the 12th Annual Pace Pitch Contest—which will be held on Thursday, April 14—is now open! More details to follow in the coming weeks.
- The eLab will be awarding an “Entrepreneurship Scholarship” to two students (one undergraduate and one graduate) who have demonstrated exceptional achievement in entrepreneurship. To apply, click here. Applications will be accepted until Monday, February 29 at 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Get ready for 14 exciting plays showcasing the hard work, dedication, and incredible talent of the Actors Studio Drama School.
Always Repping (NYC)
How do we navigate cultural differences experienced by faculty and other students? The Latino/a/x Empowerment Series kicks off on Monday, April 3, with an important discussion on these cultural sensitivities.
Sí Se Puede (NYC)
B-4…B-4! Before you make plans for April 3, how about you consider a little B-I-N-G-O for a chance to win a Samsung TV, Amazon Echo, Fitbit, Apple TV, and much more, and help raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation? SAAC is back with Bingo Night.
And Bingo Was Her Game-O (PLV)