Welcome to the Anthropocene
The 2014 AESS, co-sponsored by Pace Academy and PIERS, and being held in June at Pace, is looking for proposals and interdisciplinary artists!
On June 11–14, Pace University will host the 2014 Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS) conference, co-sponsored by Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies and Pace Institute for Environmental and Regional Studies.
The conference theme “Welcome to the Anthropocene: From Global Challenge to Planetary Stewardship” focuses on the argument advanced by many scholars that Earth has entered a new geological epoch, the Anthropocene (the recent age of humans). This perspective contends that humans have become a global geophysical force capable of disrupting the grand cycles of biology, chemistry, and geology by which elements like carbon and nitrogen circulate between land, sea, and atmosphere. This disruption is resulting in profound alteration of the planet's climate, serious threats to a large array of species, and critical ecosystems and conversion of fertile lands to desert.
The AESS is looking for:
- Proposals for individual abstracts for individual paper and poster presentations, as well as workshops, discussion symposia, full panels, and mealtime roundtables; and
- Interdisciplinary Artists: panel presentations from environmental artists who are making work that fosters cross-disciplinary conversations about environmental issues
The deadline for both proposals and artists is Tuesday, February 4.
For more information, click here.
(AESS) is a group of faculty, students, and staff of the 1000+ interdisciplinary environmental programs in North America and around the world. We seek to strengthen teaching, research, and service in environmental studies and sciences, and to improve communication across boundaries that divide the traditional academic disciplines. The Association works to support the professional development of Association members, not just as individuals, but also to advance Environmental Studies and Sciences as a whole.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Beta Alpha Psi, Pace’s organization for career development in finance and accounting, has a number of professional and community service events coming up. Help others, and help yourself!
Beta Alpha Psi Events (NYC)
‘Tis the season to celebrate in style. Join SDACA and SGA for some holiday fun on November 29 in the Bianco Room.
Winter Spectacular (NYC)
Save the date! On December 8, head to the Setters Lounge for a holiday bash to remember.
Hooray for the Holidays! (PLV)