Safety and Security
Pace works tirelessly to provide a safe environment at both our Westchester and New York City campuses. While no university can guarantee safety, we have put a number of measures in place to safeguard our community. They include:
1. Employing a professional in-house security staff with many years of law enforcement and private security experience, augmented by a top-notch uniform security guard company;
2. providing an electronic emergency alert (Pace Emergency Alert System) system that allows students to receive emergency messages from Pace on their cell phone or PDA;
3. installing an electronic security system, which includes closed circuit television cameras, intrusion alarms, card access readers and an emergency communication system;
4. using a Security Awareness Program to keep the Pace community informed of safety precautions, that employs the Pace Intranet and school newspapers to send alerts, update information, and furnish tips on safety and security; and
5. requiring students, faculty and staff to carry or wear their IDs at all times and to cooperate if asked for ID by a security officer.
For more information about Pace University's efforts to operate a safe campus, please visit the Safety & Security department's website.