New York State Teacher Certification Exams
All Pace University teacher preparation programs meet or exceed the academic requirements for New York State teacher certification. Upon completion of a Pace teacher education program, teacher candidates are recommended to New York State Education Department for the teaching certificate(s) connected with that program.
- Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) – BS, MST
- Adolescent Education, (Grades 7-12) – BS, MST, Adv Cert (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, Earth Science, Mathematics, Languages other than English, Social Studies, Visual Arts, Business Education, Literacy (Grades B-6 or 5-9) - MSEd
- Teaching Students with Disabilities, formerly Special Education – (Grades 1-6 or 7-12) – MSEd, Adol Adv Cert
- Educational Technology Specialist – (all grades) – MSEd, Adv Cert
- School Building Leader (Educational Leadership) ( all grades) MSEd, Adv Cert
|To be recommended for certification by the Pace University School of Education candidates in the following programs must:|
Additional information regarding New York State Teaching Certificates including time limits and specific criteria can be obtained at www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert.
For information on certificate requirements in other states contact the teacher certification bureau for that state.
- New Jersey State Education Department: www.state.nj.us/education
- Connecticut State Education Department: www.state.ct.us/sde