OASIS Program Application Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the OASIS College Support Program. The following information is provided to assist you in preparing your application and in gathering the required documents to complete your OASIS application packet. All inquiries and all application materials should be sent directly to Dr. Mary Riggs Cohen at the address below by May 15 for consideration for the Fall semester. Do NOT send OASIS application materials to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please feel free to contact Dr. Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 346-1891 with questions as you are completing your application.
You may download the OASIS Program application here.
The OASIS Program application process will include the following:
Applicants to the OASIS Program must be an accepted Pace University student.
You will need two letters of recommendation from teachers that you have had within the last two years. The letters must be on school letterhead, and must provide contact information for follow-up discussion. Letters should include the following information:
- In what capacity does the recommender know the applicant?
- How long has the recommender known the applicant?
- How does the recommender evaluate the applicant’s ability to accomplish college level academic work?
- What is the recommender’s evaluation of the applicant’s personality and characteristics needed for college success, including responsibility, maturity, and motivation?
- Can the recommender provide information related to the applicants’ special strengths and /or areas in which particular supports may be needed?
- Any additional information that may be useful in the decision process will be appreciated.
A comprehensive assessment report conducted by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist must be included with the application. Information provided in the report must include: documentation of an autism spectrum disorder, cognition/intelligence/ability assessment; and psychological evaluation. Any additional information that will assist the OASIS faculty and staff in meeting needs should be provided.
You may download the OASIS Program application here. Completed applications must be submitted by May 15 for the Fall semester to:
Dr. Mary Riggs Cohen
Pace University School of Education
163 William Street, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10038