- SAS Certification, Pace University
- MAT, Brown University
- BA, University of Rochester
- TCH 430
- ED 640
I believe strongly in the social justice mission of public education and have long experience in working in secondary schools with students, teachers, parents and school administrators. My subject area specialty is social studies education, with a special interest in diversity issues and in women’s history, in particular.
Selected Awards, Accomplishments, Publications & Presentations
- Social Studies Supervisor of the Year, Westchester County 1995
- Recipient of Distinguished Social Studies Educator Award. 1996. Westchester Council for the Social Studies
- We, the American Women: a Documentary History , Jerome Ozer Publisher, 1983 (co-author Jeanne Bodin)
Professional Service and Outreach
- Co-organizer, “Institute on Narrative Education.” four-day conference. June 2011. Institute presented to pre K – 16 level educators. Pace University with Columbia University Program on Narrative Medicine and Mr. Pleasant - Blythedale School District., Pleasantville, NY.
- Program, “What Should Be the Federal Role in Education?" March 2011. Workshop presented to League of Women Voters of White Plains. White Plains, New York.