Sr. M. St. John Delany
Sister St. John Delany, PhD
Associate Professor & Director of the Center for Literacy Enrichment
Phone: (914) 773-3313 or (914) 422-4135
- PhD, Language and Literacy, Fordham University
- MS, Teaching and Psychology, Teacher's College, Columbia University
- BS, History,Good Counsel College
As the Director of the Center for Literacy Enrichment, we work with children from the age of four through 12th grade, challenging their literacy skills and/or helping them become more competent readers and writers. Children's trade books are the basis and the foundation of each lesson, with the purpose of opening their eyes to the joys of reading.
As a Children's Literature advocate, trade books are the foundation for every course I teach.
My research interests follow my dissertation which is how individuals use language to process information; how their language skills develop as they interact with other individuals
- Department of Health and Human Service Award in appreciation for service to children and families of the Head Start Program. Westchester, NY.
- Centro Hispano C.A.P. Award for service to the Hispanic Community in Westchester, NY.
- University Award for Distinguished Service by a Member of the Faculty. Pace University, Westchester, NY.
- Oxford Round Table. Oxford, England
- Rotary Club of White Plains Lifetime Achievement Award. White Plains, NY.
- Good Counsel Academy Hall of Fame. White Plains, NY.
- “Kids Excel” with the White Plains Youth Bureau. White Plains 2009.
- “Literacy for Life: Literacy and Technology.” Verizon Grant. White Plains, NY. 2009.
- “Center for Literacy Enrichment – Summer Literacy Camp 2009.” The Ginsburg Community Fund. Valhalla, NY. 2009.