Shobana Musti–Rao, PhD
Office: (914) 773-3526
- PhD, The Ohio State University, Columbus
- MSEd, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign
- Post Graduate Diploma, Special Education, The Spastics Society of India, Chennai
- BS, Stella Maris College, Chennai
- ED 672 Differentiating Curriculum and Instruction
- ED 674 Classroom Community and Management
Selected Publications, Presentations & Activities
- Musti-Rao, S., Khaw, J., & Hawkins, R. O. (in press). Examining explicit vocabulary instruction and Cover, Cover, Compare as a classwide instruction package to improve spelling and vocabulary knowledge. Journal of Evidence-Based Practices for Schools.
- Musti-Rao, S., Khaw, J., & Hawkins, R. O. (in press). Implementation guidelines: Combing vocabulary instruction with Cover, Copy, Compare to increase vocabulary and spelling skills. Journal of Evidence-Based Practices for Schools.
- Poon, K., Musti-Rao, S., & Wettasinghe, M. (in press). Special education in Singapore: History, trends, and future directions. Intervention in School and Clinic.
- Musti-Rao, S., Hawkins, R. O., & Tan. C. (2011). A practitioner's guide to consultation and problem-solving in inclusive settings. Teaching Exceptional Children, 44(1), 18-26.
- Musti-Rao, S., & Haydon, T. (2011). Strategies to increase behavior specific teacher praise in an inclusive environment. Intervention in School and Clinic, 47(2), 91-97. doi: 10.1177/1053451211414187
- Hawkins, R. O., Musti-Rao, S., Hale, A. D., McGuire, S. & Hailey, J. (2010). Examining listening previewing as a classwide strategy to promote reading comprehension and vocabulary. Psychology in the Schools, 47(9), 903-916. doi: 10.1002/pits.20513
- Oddo, M., Barnett, D., Hawkins, R. O., & Musti-Rao, S. (2010). Reciprocal peer tutoring and repeated reading: Increasing practicality using student groups. Psychology in the Schools, 47(8), 842-858.