Tom Liam Lynch
Tom Liam Lynch, EdD
Assistant Professor, Educational Technology
Phone: (212) 346-1472
- EdD, Teachers College, Columbia University
- MA, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, Fordham University
- ED 616 Curriculum Development and Instruction Planning with Technology
- ED 690 Teacher as Researcher (Spring 2013)
The convergence of discourse analysis, software studies, literacy education and learning technologies.
Selected Publications, Presentations & Activities
94th Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), April 27-May 1, 2013, San Francisco, Calif. Theme:“Education and Poverty: Theory, Research, Policy, and Praxis.”
- Left Behind in the Race to the Top: Realities of Education Reform. Politics of Education Symposium. "Becoming Soft(a)ware: A Framework for the Critical Analysis of Educational Software."
“The secretary and the software: On the need to integrate software analysis into educational space.” In J.Gorlewski & B. Porfilo (Eds.), Left Behind in the Race to the Top: Realities of education reform. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. (December, 2012)
“When writers imagine readers: How writing for publication affects studentsʼ sense of responsibility to readers.” In P. Sullivan, H. Tinberg & S. Blau (Eds.), What Is “college-level” writing? volume 2: Assignments, readings, and student writing samples. Urbana, IL: NCTE [online, with Kerry McKibbin]. (2010)