Contracts Administration & System Resources
Under the Total Contract Manager (TCM) System:
- Contract Creation - Contract creation is controlled through the use of Pace standard templates or vendor paper that map the process of contract creation for different types of contracts. These templates include the required tasks and documents used in contract creation for different types of contracts, as well as defining the different roles involved.
- Process Management - Processes are defined by a series of phases and tasks that users must complete before a finalized contract is established. Users can indicate which tasks have been started and completed so others can easily monitor project status. TCM generates notifications triggered by workflow steps.
- Document Management - Within a contract documents are created, edited, reviewed and approved potentially by a variety of different users. Features include version control and tracking of changes.
- Collaboration - TCM supports specialized tasks that allow collaborators to exchange information and negotiate the details of contract documents as well as submit documents for the review and approval of other users, with complete version history.
The Contract Facilitators
Originating Units are responsible for conducting the initial contract negotiations with the vendor to make sure that the contract contains the minimum terms and conditions. The Originating Unit is the driving force behind the contract management process by following the contract through the process.
Designated Signatories are Contract Manager Personnel who have been authorized by the VP of Finance to sign specific University standard contracts. Designated signatories are responsible for submitting signed, standard contracts and supporting documents.
Finance and Planning
Finance and Planning is responsible for receiving contracts and purchase orders and maintaining contracts and supporting legal documents on the imaging system.
Contact: Novlette Gooden-Castillo Purchasing & Contracts, Phone: (914) 923-2690, Fax: (914) 923-8114.
The Office of University Counsel
The Office of University Counsel is responsible for reviewing contracts, negotiating terms not finalized by the Originating Unit and to approve contracts as to legal form.
Contact: Robert Yarbrough -Office of University Counsel, Phone: (212) 346-1274, Fax: (212) 346-1682.
Risk Management / Insurance
The Director of Risk Management/Insurance administers insurance matters on behalf of the University. The Director reviews, approves insurance certificate from external parties. The Director may also negotiate insurance terms with external parties. When required by contract, the Director provides external parties copies of Pace's certificate of insurance.
Contact: Rick Myers -Director, Risk Mgmt/Ins, Phone: (914) 923-2627, Fax: (914) 923-2731
List of Contract Types and Definitions (PDF) - General information listing and description of contract types.
Contract Types and Required Documents - Detailed information of contract types and required documents for processing below.
- Consultant/Vendor Service Agreement (PDF)
- Catering/Event Agreement (PDF)
- Speaker/Artist/Performer Agreement (PDF)
- Independent Contractor Questionnaire (PDF) - This form is to be completed and signed by the Originating Unit representative and should be included with standard agreements, such as Designer, Consultant, Vendor, where Pace is contracting with an individual.
- Contract Negotiation Checklist (PDF)
This form (signed by the VP and Controller Finance & Administration Joseph Capparelli) authorizes a Pace employee to sign standard Pace contracts and riders on behalf of the University. Please contact the Contract Administrator to request contract signing authority. Note that as per Pace University contract policies and procedures, contracts signed by authorized signatories must be uploaded to Contract Director by the Originating Unit for the University’s records after they are fully-executed.
- Workers Compensation Exemption Statement (DOC)
Standard Contracts and Riders
In the Contract Director system, Pace standard contracts and riders are automatically generated in the Contract Director Documents Folder of your Contract Workspace based on the contact type selected. Pace standard contracts and riders are still currently available under Finance Forms.
Renewing or Amending an existing contract
Renewal: This type indicates that the contract is being amended simply to change the active dates for the contract i.e. the effective date or the expiration date. This could represent a situation where the contract was extended with the same terms as the previous version. Renewal Form (DOC).
Amendment: This type indicates that changes are required to the contract beyond just editing the dates. This may include changes to the commodity, pricing terms, or contract language added to the contract by adding a separate amendment document with additional clauses to the contract. Amending Form (DOC).
- Creating a Contract (PDF)
- Creating a Contract (Video)
- Contract Search (PDF)
- Installing the Word App (PDF)
- Using the Word App (PDF)
- Communication Center (PDF)
- Communication Center (Video)
- Review Rounds (PDF)
- Creating PO/Check Request from a Contract (PDF)
- Creating PO/Check Request from a Contract (Video)
- Total Contrat Manager Glossary (PDF)
The Contract Management Policy and Procedure (PDF) is designed to provide detailed, clear, user-friendly information to the Originating Units for assistance in executing this process more efficiently.
If you have any questions contact the Purchasing & Contracts Department at Ext. 22642 or email them at email@example.com.
To gain access to Contract Director, please submit a helpdesk ticket, help.pace.edu.