Long Term Care
Pace University offers a group Long Term Care plan to all full time faculty and staff. Some benefits of this group long term plan include:
- Flexibility to purchase a plan that is tailored to best fit your needs and the needs of eligible family members including spouses/domestic partners, parents, children, siblings and grandparents;
- Lower group-rated premiums as compared to premiums for individuals;
- Convenient payroll deductions for employee and spousal coverage;
- Full portability upon separation or retirement from Pace University.
This voluntary benefit is being offered by UnumProvident Life Insurance Company of America. Enrollment in the Long Term Care insurance program continues on a rolling basis. If you would like an enrollment package for the Long Term Care program at any time during the year, please visit Unum's website. In most cases, medical Evidence of Insurability (EOI) will be required by UNUM and may impact the approval of your application for this benefit.
Please note the following:
- Unum discontinued issuing new group long-term care policies earlier in February, 2012. They will continue to support all existing plans and plan participants until those obligations have been met. As of June 30, 2012, UNUM, for its LTC business segment had assets of more than $32 billion.
- Information on UNUM's financial ratings
- Q&A on this topic from UNUM