Student Employment: Applying for On-Campus Jobs
Careers at Pace University
Visit the Careers website to get started!
Please be advised that students with Federal Work Study are eligible to apply to both Federal Work Study and Non Work Study on-campus student employment positions.
- To search for positions, click the Search Postings link on the left side of the page.
- To apply for a position, click Create Application link on the left side of the page.
- To log in enter your username and password
- This will enable you to:
- Edit your existing application
- Apply to new positions without re-entering your application information
- Review the status of positions to which you have applied.
It is recommended that you do not user your browser's "Back", "Forward", or "Refresh" buttons to navigate the site, or open a new browser window from your existing window. This may cause unexpected results, including loss of data or being logged out of the system. Please use the navigational buttons within the site. For assistance with your application, email Talent Aquisition.
- Be professional by dressing appropriately and arriving on or before the scheduled interview time in order to convey that you are reliable and serious about the job.
- Bring a copy of your Resume.
- Also let the Hiring Manager know about any updates to your hours of availability and when you will be graduating.
- Be prepared to explain your qualifications.
- The Hiring Manager may offer you the job on-the-spot or they may let you know they are still planning to interview other students.
- You may ask them when they expect to make a decision.
If You're Hired
- You will received an email from the Talent Acquisition Team, outlining the steps. All new hires must visit their Human Resources office either at 110 William Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY, or 100 Summit Lake Drive, 3rd Floor, Valhalla, NY; before their start date.
- The forms you need to fill out will be included in the original offer email and are filled online.
- These forms include:
- Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Please pay special attention to the list of acceptable documents (PDF). These documents must be presented by new hires in order to begin working.
- Veteran and Disability Survey
- Human Resources Policy Acknowledgements
- W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- IT-2104 - Employee’s Withholding Allowance & Certificate Instructions (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming taxes on w-4, line 5)
- IT-2104-1 – Certificate of Nonresidence and Allocation of Withholding
- IF APPLICABLE: IT-2104-E - Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (Fill out ONLY if you are claiming exempt on w-4, line7)
- IF APPLICABLE: 8233-Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual
- You must submit all forms and identification to your campus Human Resources office and cannot begin working until these forms are completed. Failure to submit the forms in a timely manner will result in delay of your first pay check.
- Once all of your paperwork is received the employment record will be created or updated according to the schedule posted on the HR web site in the Talent Acquisition Payroll Calendar (PDF).
- Timesheets will be generated for approval by your supervisor.
- All hours that you work must be entered and approved by your supervisor in order for you to get paid. If your hours are not submitted on the time sheet then you will not receive payment for the hours you have worked.