Supervisory Training Resources
A supervisor has many roles, including: managing the performance of staff; developing strategies to increase quality of work; setting and achieving team goals; involvement in employee selection; career development and training; input for compensation and rewards; identifying performance problems and providing alternative courses of action; and being knowledgeable of and in compliance with Pace University’s policies and procedures.
As of January 2012, all newly hired and promoted managers are required to complete an important training program titled “Managing Successfully at Pace University”. This course provides Pace University managers with the necessary references for and knowledge of the University policies and procedures, as well as an understanding of his/her role as a manager at Pace University. To sign up to attend the currently scheduled program, visit our Training Registration System.
The following web-based modules provide important information which all supervisors can reference when needed. Each module covers a distinct topic important to the successful performance of the supervisor role.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Talent Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the links below to navigate to each training video:
- 1. The Supervisor’s Responsibilities Regarding University Policies and Procedures- Employee Handbook
- 2. Ensure a Safe and Secure Work Environment: A Supervisor’s Role
- 3. Managing a Direct Report’s Time
- 4. The Supervisor’s Role in Compensation of Staff
- 5. Pace University’s Hiring Process for Staff
- 6. New Employee On-Boarding at Pace: Orientation, Training and New Hire Follow-Up
- 7. Pace University’s Separation Process
- 8. Pace University Amorous Relationships Policy