The Classroom Design Committee is tasked with reviewing current classroom standards and making recommendations on future designs in order to engage students, modernize spaces, and enhance the learning experience for all.
There are currently 6 classroom types defined by the committee. Each room type is meant to identify standards and guidelines for classroom learning spaces at Pace. Please see the Classroom Learning Space Standards and Guidelines (PDF) for a complete overview of room types and baseline technology requirements.
Active Learning Classroom Gallery
The Classroom Design Committee is chair is Beth Gordon (ITS). The committee is composed of members including faculty representatives (PLV/NYC) as well as staff from Buildings and Grounds, ITS, and Scheduling.
- Ensure that there are a variety of classroom spaces to fit the range of disciplines and teaching/learning styles of the Pace community.
- Collaborate with B&G, ITS and Scheduling Office and faculty representatives from each school/college to ensure coordination and effective planning for holistic classroom design, including all elements such as furniture, lighting, technology, and design.
- Make recommendations about faculty development for Active Learning Classrooms.
- Perform regular assessments of existing and new classrooms to determine usefulness and incorporate feedback into annual review and upgrade cycles, working with the university’s budget process.
- Communicate progress on classroom design to the Pace Community and seek student input.