Lubin at a Glance
Lubin at a Glance
Lubin Enrollment • Faculty • Student Exchange Programs • International Memberships • International Partnerships
Academic Programs • Points of Distinction • Experiential Learning • Entrepreneurial Thinking • International Focus
Founded in 1906, Pace University has nearly 13,000 students across its six schools. The Lubin School of Business is a nationally ranked leader in business education. We prepare students to become leaders in management-competent in their chosen fields, multidisciplinary in problem solving, ethically aware, grounded in action, trained in outcomes, and socially responsible. Lubin offers small classes, outstanding faculty, a student-centered environment, convenient locations, and full- and part-time programs in New York City and Westchester County.
The Lubin faculty (104 full-time, 82 part-time) comprises accomplished practitioners and noted scholars whose research is quoted in such major media as BusinessWeek, CNN, Fortune, The New York Times, WABC, The Wall Street Journal, WCBS, and The Washington Post.
STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
American Business School in Paris (France); Bangor University (Wales); BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); Centre d'Etudes Franco-Américain de Management (France); Chulalongkorn University (Thailand); EM Normandie (France); EM Strasbourg Business School (France); Higher School of Economics (Russia); Hong Kong Baptist University (China); IESEG (France); IDC Herzliya (Israel); Lingnan University (China); Mission Interuniversitaire de Coordination des Echanges Franco-Americains (MICEFA) (France); Montpellier Business School (France); Musashi University (Japan); NMIMS (India); Nova School of Business and Economics (Portugal); Paris School of Business (France); Regent's University (UK); Shantou University (China); Sophia University (Japan); SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany); Universidad de Montevideo (Uruguay); Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Spain); University of Adelaide (Australia); University College Cork (Ireland); University of East Anglia (UK); University of Mannheim (Germany); University of Technology Sydney (Australia); University of the Sunshine Coast (Australia); University of Warsaw (Poland); and Zurich University of Applied Sciences (Switzerland).
American Business School in Paris (France); AMOS Sport Business School (France); Association Leonard de Vinci (France); Audencia Business School(France); Beijing Institute of Technology (China); BI Norwegian Business School (Norway); Centre d'Etudes Franco-Américain de Management (France); EAE Business School (Spain); EDHEC Business School (France); EM Normandie (France); EU Business School (Switzerland, Spain, and Germany); European Business School Paris (France); FOM University (Germany); Grenoble Ecole de Management (France); INSEEC (France); International School of Management (Germany); John Cabot University (Italy); Munich Business School (Germany); Paris School of Business (France); Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (China); Stamford International University (Thailand); Universidad Europea (Spain and Portugal); University of Applied Sciences Europe (Germany); and Zhejiang University School of Management (China).
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Majors: accounting (forensic accounting, internal auditing), public accounting—CPA preparation, business analytics, finance, general business, information systems, international management, iPace business studies (online degree completion program for adult students), management (arts and entertainment management, business management, entrepreneurship, hospitality and tourism management, human resources management), and marketing (advertising and integrated marketing communications, global marketing management, sports marketing).
Minors: accounting, arts and entertainment management, business analytics, digital marketing, business minor for non-business students, entrepreneurship, fashion marketing, finance, hospitality and tourism management, internal auditing, law, management, marketing, pre-law, professional selling and sales management, special events marketing, sports marketing, and tax.
Business Honors Program (BHP)
The Business Honors Program is offered by the Lubin School of Business as a special track within Pforzheimer Honors College. This program is open to Honors students pursuing business majors in the Lubin School of Business and provides them with an enhanced academic experience that will prepare them for leadership roles in global business. Highlights include foundational learning communities, an international study component, an advanced leadership course, a year-long capstone Honors thesis sequence in a business area, exceptional mentoring opportunities, and dedicated program directors, and faculty and staff advisers on both campuses.
Combined Degree Programs (BBA/MBA, BBA/MS, MBA/JD)
The following five-year CPA qualifying programs combine a BBA in Public Accounting with one of the following master's degree programs: MBA in Public Accounting, MS in Financial Management, or MS in Taxation. All three are registered CPA programs and satisfy the current 150-credit education requirement for the CPA exam. A BBA in Marketing or Management can be combined with one of the following master's degree programs: MS in Social Media and Mobile Marketing or MS in Human Resources Management. Additionally, a BBA in Finance can be combined with an MS in Investment Management. Lubin also offers an MBA/JD Program.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), financial management (financial management, international finance, investment management), information systems, management (entrepreneurship, human resources management, international business, strategic, management), marketing management (marketing management), and taxation. Dual concentration MBAs may be earned, requiring only nine additional credits in most cases.
Fast Track MBA in Financial Management (New York City Campus)
Fast Track MBA in Marketing Management (New York City Campus)
The Fast Track MBA (financial management, marketing management) is a 39-credit cohort program that can be completed in one academic year. The program begins with a required one-week residential orientation in August and includes full-time enrollment for fall and spring, with courses also required during the winter and summer sessions. Successful applicants must meet specific academic criteria including having earned an undergraduate degree from an AACSB-accredited business school.
Master of Science (MS)
Concentrations: accounting (CPA preparation), accounting data analytics and technologies, arts and entertainment management, customer intelligence and analytics, financial management, financial risk management, human resources management, investment management, social media and mobile marketing, strategic management, and taxation.
Executive MBA (EMBA)
A 20-month cohort-based Executive MBA for managers and professionals that blends weekend residencies every 10 weeks with online learning support. This interdisciplinary program consists of a series of management skills modules with large-scale team projects that incorporate company executives and industry experts.
Master's of Finance for Professionals (MS)
For business professionals working in finance or those seeking an expedient path to enter the field, this one-year, 36-credit program blends seven weekend in-person residencies with online learning support. Emphasis is placed on team-based, real life projects that turn advanced financial theory into daily practice.
Doctor of Professional Studies (DPS)
A 57-credit, web-assisted, research-based doctoral program for business professionals who have demonstrated career achievement during more than ten years of business experience and earned an MBA or related master's degree with good academic performance.
Advanced Graduate Certificate Program
A 12-16 credit program offering customized modules in most business fields for those with an MBA or MS in business.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Lubin's dual accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International is an elite distinction shared by fewer than 3% of business schools in the world.
- Lubin is the first US business school to earn exemptions for ACCA certification in accounting.
- Several of Lubin's finance programs have received prestigious recognition from the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This is reflective of the outstanding quality of our finance programs.
- Tax Talent's Educational Survey Series ranks Lubin's MBA in Taxation fourth and MS in Taxation seventh in the United States.
- College Factual ranks Pace University's Lubin School of Business in the top 1% of all schools in the country for non-traditional students studying accounting and finance. Their rankings also recognize Pace as being the best school in New York for veterans studying international business.
- Lubin's undergraduate business program is ranked among the top third of business programs in the nation by U.S.News & World Report in its Best Colleges survey.
- Lubin's MBA program is ranked among the best programs nationwide by U.S.News & World Report in its Best Graduate Schools survey.
- Notable alumni include: Mark Besca, NYC Office managing partner, EY; Michael Clinton, president, marketing and publishing director, Hearst Magazines; Joseph R. Ianniello, COO, CBS Corporation; and Ivan G. Seidenberg, former chairman and CEO, Verizon.
- The Lubin Professional Experience, Lubin's expression of the Pace Path, is a unique undergraduate program that enhances Pace's core business curriculum for Lubin students. Through career-focused coursework, professional experiences, and internships, the program makes students job-ready. Internship experiences are available off- or on-campus. Professional experiences are satisfied through a variety of classroom and co-curricular activities. Students graduate from the program job-ready and experienced in their chosen fields.
- Lubin students invest real money in the Student Managed Investment Portfolio, work on a year-long advertising and integrated marketing communications campaign as part of the American Advertising Federation competition, work in teams on projects for real clients in courses such as Marketing Communications and Public Relations, and participate in international field study courses.
- Students can choose from 20 business professional student clubs, interact with executives, and gain managerial skills and leadership abilities. They can participate in professional competitions and work with real business situations and clients, such as Beta Alpha Psi's annual Best Practices Competition, the annual American Marketing Association's Collegiate Conference, the ALPFA/KPMG-Accounting Case Competition, the Annual GAME Forum for finance students, and the Interactive and Direct Marketing Lab.
- Studying in the business capital of the world, students experience all that New York City and the surrounding area has to offer. As part of their classes, students visit the New York Stock Exchange; "see the gold" at the Federal Reserve; and intern at top media companies like MTV, NBC, and HBO. Both campuses are surrounded by hundreds of companies, many topping the Fortune 100 list, and Lubin leverages its relationship with alumni and other corporate partners to maximize opportunities at these firms for students.
- Lubin's Executive in Residence Program draws on the school's close links with the business community to bring business leaders to campus from such major corporations as Barnesandnoble.com, CBS, DDB Worldwide Communications Group Inc., Dow Jones and Company, EY, Fresh Direct, Hearst Magazines, IBM, IMAX, J.P. Morgan, KPMG, the New York Stock Exchange, Oreck Corporation, PepsiCo, Pfizer Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Shubert Organization, Tiffany & Co., U.S. RE Corporation, Vera Wang, and Viacom.
- Corporate executives at the forefront of developments in their industries serve on Lubin advisory boards and ensure the continued relevancy of Lubin educational programs to current business needs.
- Lubin students learn entrepreneurial leadership: identifying opportunity, building a financial model and strategic plan, securing the capital and human resources necessary, setting metrics, and executing toward the vision.
- Lubin's Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab) provides the space, resources, and mentoring for the development of new business concepts. The eLab also hosts speakers, workshops, and competitions. The development of an entrepreneurial mindset can benefit students in every academic discipline, as imagining new ways to solve problems and create value is critical for those interested in starting a new venture as well as a professional career.
- The Center for Global Business Programs provides international and domestic institutions an opportunity to differentiate their offerings through a New York City-based module. Custom programs range from a few weeks to a full academic year and are offered during all semesters, including the summer. The Center delivers a dynamic New York City experience that includes company visits and cultural events.
- With nearly 4,000 students, the Lubin School of Business has a large and diverse international student population with
For more information, contact the Lubin School of Business Office of Communications and External Relations at (212) 618-6500.