Beyond Plastics (NYC)
On Monday, April 29, meet the experts leading the grassroots movement against single-use plastic in NYC, and learn more about the latest issues surrounding plastic pollution and climate change. You CAN make a difference. Start now.
Virtually all plastic is made from fossil fuels, but in the fight against climate change, the role of plastic waste is often overlooked. Over the next few years, the demand for plastic is expected to rise—and oil and gas companies have been increasing fossil fuel production at alarming rates in order to profit from this trend.
Join the Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR) for a discussion about eliminating single-use plastic in order to reduce fossil fuel emissions:
Monday, April 29, 2019
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
This important discussion will include the following:
- >> Short clips from a new film about kids in Red Hook, Brooklyn, who are working to prevent plastic pollution with Cafeteria Culture.
- >> The latest from councilmember Brad Lander of the NYC Council.
- >> Information on plastics, pollution, and fracking from Judith Enck, former EPA regional administrator and founder of Beyond Plastics at Bennington College.
- >> How you can take action and lead the charge according to NYPIRG Civic Engagement Coordinator Tousif Ahsan.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial Aid
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- Learning Center
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- NJ Transit Monthly Pass
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Pace University President Marvin Krislov will address our campus communities on Monday, February 3, and discuss Pace's strong future.
2020 State of the University Address
For the latest episode of PaceCast, President Krislov chats with CCAR Associate Director Heather Novak, Executive Director of the Pace Women's Justice Center Cindy Kanusher, and Jefferson Award for Public Service winner Laurianne Gutierrez ’21 about the importance of service on campus.
PaceCast: Setter Service
John Carlo Bautista ’21 rose up the ranks working at Pace Mart, PLV’s student-run business, to become HR Manager. As an aspiring risk analyst with professional experience across several industries, he’s got his future planned out.
The Risk Analyst