Festival of Colors 2018 (PLV)
Enjoy the coming of spring with the Asian Student Union! They’ll be celebrating Holi on Tuesday, May 1, with authentic Indian food, free giveaways, and, of course, colorful powder.
Holi, also known as the festival of colors, is a Hindu festival based around the celebration of spring. The Asian Student Union will be marking the occasion by serving up authentic Indian appetizers like samosas, chicken tikka masala, and vegetable pulao rice. They’ll also be giving away 50 exclusive t-shirts to the first 50 people who arrive at the event, so be sure to get there on time!
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
After food, anyone who wishes to participate will be directed to the designated color zone for the pièce de résistance: throwing colorful powder into the air—and at each other—to celebrate spring.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your Pace Holi experience:
- >> Wear light colored clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- >> The color powders we’re using are natural and non-toxic, but you may want to consider wearing sunglasses to prevent powder from entering your eyes. To make sure the color powder washes off easily, apply moisturizer on exposed skin.
- >> Respect others. Holi is a celebration for everyone, but it’s important to keep personal space and comfort in mind. Please keep your hands to yourself when applying colors.
- >> If you are planning to record the events, be sure to put your smartphone in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from damage and getting too dusty from the color powder.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
We're here to help you take the fear out of your first week at college! Follow our five tips for making the most of your first week at Pace.
Making the Most of Your First Week at Pace
Pace Law is offering a free two-night LSAT boot camp on Wednesday, June 27, and Thursday, June 28, on the Law School Campus. Register today!
Summer 2018 LSAT Boot Camp
Have you ever been whale watching? On Friday, June 8, you'll get the chance to meet one of nature's most majestic creatures—and work with NYC's Whale Research and Advocacy Organization, too!
Science at Sea (NYC)