ITS Updates: Fall 2018
ITS is rolling out new updates before the semester ends! Get an Office 365 upgrade, note important dates, be sure to complete your course evaluations, and more.
Free Access to Microsoft Office Applications
The Office 365 suite of applications is now available for free! You can install it on multiple personal devices (Windows or Mac) and Office apps on mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads. Office 365 Pro Plus will replace the previous MS Office 2016 application. To install this upgrade, please check out the instructions for Windows or Mac users. Windows users who have the existing MS Office will need to uninstall that version in order to use Office 365.
Blackboard Will Be Unavailable in Late December
From 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, December 27, through Sunday, December 30, until 6:00 p.m., Blackboard will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Advanced planning is important because the downtime will occur a few days after the end of the fall semester (Thursday, December 21) and just prior to the beginning of the January Intersession (Wednesday, January 2). Do your best to submit necessary work beforehand!
Email Storage Increase
The available storage quota for student mailboxes just got upgraded from 4GB to 5GB! The additional storage space will allow you to store more emails than before, therefore reducing the frequency at which you need to delete old emails to make space.
Course evaluation is critical in providing constructive feedback to faculty and their departments on the quality of instruction delivered at Pace. We urge all students to participate. Further details and instructions regarding the course evaluation process (through the new system called Blue) will be sent to your Pace email address when the period opens on the dates below:
- >> Dyson, Lubin, and Seidenberg: Friday, November 30, through Friday, December 14
- >> School of Education: Friday, November 30, through Friday, December 21
- >> The College of Health Professions is currently still piloting the new system. Any questions should be directed to the contact listed below.
If you have any questions, please email the appropriate school administrator:
- >> Dyson College of Arts and Sciences: Rich Miller
- >> Lubin School of Business: Tom Miliano
- >> Seidenberg School of CSIS: Matthew Poli
- >> School of Education: Bill Kovari
- >> College of Health Professions: Jennipher Lombardo
Grades for this semester will be delayed until Friday, December 28, for any students who have not completed all of their evaluations by the deadline noted above. Note: this grade delay currently applies to Dyson and Lubin courses only.
The Elisabeth Haub School of Law uses Scates for their course evaluations. Law students will receive an email from IOTA starting at 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4. Law students should complete their evaluations by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 8, in order to receive their exam number.
How to Avoid Being Scammed
Every day, scammers devise new ways to try to fool unsuspecting students into divulging sensitive information or granting requests that compromise system access. These social engineering attacks can come in the form of an email (phishing), phone call (voice phishing or 'vishing'), text message, social networking message, or from someone in person. Attackers will try to manipulate the targeted individual to provide unauthorized access or reveal sensitive information. Read more about how you can protect your information!
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
The wait is finally over! On Monday, January 28, join the Pace Community as we officially open our revitalized spaces in One Pace Plaza and 41 Park Row.
Master Plan Ribbon Cutting (NYC)
Get ready for an all-star lineup from men’s and women’s basketball and the swimming and diving teams! They’ll be defending our turf December 2018–January 2019, so bring your Setter pride to the Goldstein Fitness Center.
Athletics Roundup: December–January (PLV)
It’s been a long time in the making, but on Tuesday, December 11, join us for a very exclusive sneak peek into the new Pace spaces.
Sneak Peek (NYC)