NYC Master Plan Updates
Important news and notes regarding developments from Pace University's NYC Master Plan.
Work has started on the NYC Master Plan. Whether you’re looking for info on what’s coming soon or need to find your way around campus, we’ve got you covered.
Last month, construction began on Phase 1 of the Master Plan aimed at creating exciting new student spaces on the lower levels of One Pace Plaza and 41 Park Row. In One Pace Plaza, on the west side, we are creating a new Student Union, study spaces, collaborative spaces, as well as a new Welcome Center and Campus Store. A new entrance through the Courtyard and redesigned Admissions offices and student lounge space will complete the B-Level. In 41 Park Row, we are building a new art gallery, student lounges, advising center, and faculty colloquia.
The Master Plan team, including Security and Facilities personnel, is working hard to minimize disruption and maintain normal campus operations. The University is working closely with Sciame Construction, our construction management firm, to coordinate the project and campus logistics.
Here are some of the things you may need to know about closings, wayfinding, moves, and more!
Detours: Know Before You Go
We recognize that finding your way around campus may be challenging and have placed wayfinding signage to help guide you to your destination.
Some of the notable closures and changes include:
One Pace Plaza, B-Level: Access to the B-Level East and West will be through the Courtyard at the Spruce Street side. An accessible ramp will be placed at the Courtyard, and entrance to both the East and West sides of the building will be at the North side of the Courtyard. On the West side, the Spruce Street elevators and stairs will be open. The Spruce elevators will service floors C, B, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. The North elevators in the West Building will service C, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. This access will remain in place through the end of August.
One Pace Plaza Entrance: closed on June 23, with no access to the first floor through August 30. Access to One Pace Plaza is via 9 Spruce Street or through 3 Spruce Street/Schimmel entrance. Please note that all visitors or anyone without a Pace ID will need to see Security at 3 Spruce Street.
41 Park Row: You can access the 41 Park Row elevator lobby from both the Nassau Street and Park Row entrances. The elevator lobby will remain open on the 1st floor, but there will be no access to the B-Level or 2nd floor. This access will remain in place through November 2017.
These are some of the key moves that faculty and staff should be aware of:
- >> Human Resources, ITS, Enrollment, University Relations, and Development and Alumni Relations moved to 110 William Street, 11th floor
- >> Office of Student Assistance and Financial Aid moved to 156 William Street, 5th floor
- >> The Welcome Center moved to 157 William Street, 1st floor
- >> The Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore is now a Campus Spirit Store (textbooks will not be sold but can be ordered online and shipped for free through Barnes & Noble) and moved temporarily to 157 William Street, 1st floor.
- >> The ID Office will be located on the B-level of One Pace Plaza in the student mailroom during the summer and will move to 156 William Street, 5th floor after the start of the fall 2017 semester
- >> Document Services moved to 163 William Street, 4th floor; the satellite Document Services Center, which was previously on the 1st floor of One Pace Plaza, has moved to the 2nd floor (Y23B) in One Pace Plaza
- >> The Adjunct Lounge in 41 Park Row moved to 163 William Street, 10th floor
- >> The Center for Academic Excellence/Tutoring Center moved to 163 William Street, 17th floor
- >> The Meditation Room moved to One Pace Plaza, Room W207B
In order to implement Phase I of the NYC Master Plan, Sciame Construction will be utilizing the Frankfort Lot for mobilization and deliveries. As of Wednesday, May 24, the Frankfort Lot will be closed to all vehicles for the remainder of the NYC Master Plan Project, which is estimated to be completed in late 2018.
Pace’s Facilities and Capital Projects department is installing sprinklers on all the floors of 41 Park Row, which is required by New York City building code. The work is currently underway and will end on August 25. The installation is estimated to be completed on each floor within one week’s time.
Meet the Team
Meet two of the members of our construction team: Senior Project Manager Marshall Wheeler and Senior Field Superintendent Davey Glover of Sciame Construction.
We are very excited about the changes taking place on campus, but we recognize that the construction process will be a challenge for all. Please be assured that the safety and security of every person on campus is our first concern.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs section of the NYC Master Plan website and continue to visit the website at www.pace.edu/nyc-master-plan for updates on relocations, campus wayfinding, and other important announcements.
James Sterngold has been named Vice President for University Relations, effective July 9, 2018. We are excited to welcome him to campus.
Welcome James Sterngold
Whether you’re spending the next two months in the cool breeze upstate or down by the Brooklyn Bridge, here are some fun things to do that are sure to spice up those slow days of summer.
Summer Events: Fun in the Sun
Pace University is home to more than just incredible students, faculty, and staff—we have plenty of dogs, too! Join us as we meet them and hear a little bit about their stories.
Dogs of Pace