OSS 2018 Announcements
Hear ye, hear ye! The Office for Student Success (OSS) is here to help you connect with resources, programs, and services that you might not know about. They have a few great opportunities lined up that you should totally take advantage of. Note the deadlines!
Undergraduate Student-Faculty Research Program
Now in its seventh year, the Undergraduate Student-Faculty Research Program allows faculty and undergraduate students with similar interests to work together on a research project throughout the summer and/or academic year. A small stipend is granted to each pair, and for the academic year session participants, an end-of-year showcase on each campus recognizes all research initiatives through poster sessions. The two top pairs (one from each campus) will be selected by a team of faculty and administrators. Each winning pair will be awarded up to $2,000 if chosen to present their research together at conference in their field.
Interested? Apply to participate in the program today! The deadline to apply for the next round is Monday, May 14.
2018 Graduate Commencement Speaker
Are you a graduate student commencing this May? Would you like to address your fellow graduates? Well, you can! OSS is looking for a student speaker to address the Graduate Commencement on Thursday, May 22. Here's how you can apply:
- 1. Write a three to four-minute speech (about 400 to 750 words, depending on how fast you read).
- 2. Record a video reading your speech and upload it to YouTube.
- 3. Email a written copy of your speech, a link to the video, and your contact info to Nasreen Hussain.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 30.
Academic Conference Travel Fund
This fund is for Pace undergraduate students who have been accepted to present their research with a faculty member at a professional conference. Each student can apply for up to $800! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. For more information, please email Jen Crespo, assistant director of the Office for Student Success.
OSS Gets Social
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
You’re invited to a welcome back party hosted by President Krislov and Provost Quiñones! Come celebrate the start of fall with food, fun, and karaoke on September 24 in PLV and October 1 in NYC.
Welcome Back Party 2019
Kaitlyn Houlihan ’19 is set to graduate early this December with a major in political science and an eye on law school. She’s a passionate advocate for domestic violence survivors and wants to one day empower them as a judge.
The Aspiring Judge
Instability. Imprisonment. Isolation. The experiences women whose lives are impacted by the incarceration of a loved one are brought to the fore with this amazing dance production of The Wait Room.
The Wait Room (PLV)