What’s Happening in HR: May 2019
May is Civility Awareness Month! Are you a civility champion? If so, you’ll have the opportunity to win some tickets to the movies.
Announcing: A–Z Training Resource Directory
The A–Z Training Resource Directory is a "one stop shop" where you can search for training by key-word, category, or by the title under the A–Z index at the top. You can also submit training that your team or department sponsors. Visit the A–Z Training Resource Directory!
May Is Civility Awareness Month!
Human Resources is inviting the Pace Community to use the YES I Make It Happen recognition program from May 1, 2019, through June 15, 2019, to recognize staff and student workers for being civility champions. Five civility champions will be randomly selected to win a pair of movie tickets. All civility champions will receive a certificate of appreciation.
Pace Community Standards:
- >> Model the behavior you would like to see from others.
- >> Speak up—do not let your silence condone disrespectful behavior.
- >> Be mindful that conflict is healthy if expressed appropriately—you are not always right and others are not always wrong.
- >> Be a respectful listener.
- >> Remember that your tone of voice matters: It’s not what you say, it’s what others hear!
- >> Consider how your use of technology (email, social media, etc.) helps or hinders a respectful work environment.
- >> Make an effort to have difficult conversations in person or by telephone, not electronically.
- >> Embrace a positive and solution-oriented approach to resolving conflicts or expressing complaints.
- >> Show appreciation by saying please and thank you.
- >> Keep in mind that kindness has a ripple effect—treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Pace professors are going big this month when it comes to media mentions; talking COVID-19 recovery, the Biden administration, and much more.
Fit to Print: April 2021
Interested in learning more about Open Educational Resources (OER)? Lubin's Kathy Winsted shares her experiences implementing OER into her coursework.
Teaching with OER: Kathy Winsted
Looking to de-stress as the warmer weather arrives? On April 8, join the Pace University Community for a special event focused on home gardening and stress management.
Gardening for Stress Management