Workshop With Lubin
Want to learn more about owning a small business? Think you can hustle? Lubin is rolling out three workshops in 2018 on the NYC Campus to help you do just that!
Thursday, February 8 | 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | 163 William, 3rd Floor Conference Room
Lubin is partnering with FranNet, one of North America’s top franchise consultants, to help you learn more about the fundamentals of franchising. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Common myths and truths about franchising.
- -Types of franchises available in a variety of industries.
- -Government regulations for franchises.
- -Importance of personal goals and objectives to consider when thinking about franchising.
- -How to research and select the right franchise for you.
- -How to finance a franchise business.
- -Available resources from an industry leader at no cost.
Small Business Accounting Basics
Tuesday, February 27 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has brought on a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to teach you the fundamentals of accounting so that you are better equipped to handle your business' financials. The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Basic accounting terms and procedures.
- -Tracking sales and expenses.
- -Simple and low-cost ways to set up a bookkeeping system.
Learn the basics of debits and credits, how to classify accounts and transactions, and the processes for day-to-day accounting and best practices! After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
Small Business Financial Statements 101
Tuesday, March 6 | 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. | One Pace Plaza Room TBD
The Pace Small Business Development Center has brought on a Certified Public Accountant to help you understand your business' financial statements in order to assess its financial performance and apply for small business financing.
The workshop will discuss the following:
- -Introduction to the different types of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows).
- -How to understand and prepare the components of the financial statements.
- -How to make projections for sales and expenses.
Learn how to read and interpret your business' financial data and the financial statements needed for a small business loan package. After the presentation, you will have the chance to participate in a Q&A to address any questions or concerns you might have.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services (NYC)
- Dining Services (PLV)
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Beginning in 2019, on an annual basis, all Pace University students, faculty, and staff will be required to complete an online Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention training program. This month, be on the look-out for an email to complete your training.
Annual Training Updates
Croissants in Paris. The ruins of ancient Rome. Business in Beijing. Studying abroad isn’t just about the unforgettable travel experience. By living somewhere entirely new, you’ll set yourself apart in the job market post-graduation while still earning credits toward your degree.
5 Reasons to Study Abroad
Class of 2023, put your paws up! As you head to campus, keep in mind these five ways to help make your Orientation experience as worthwhile as possible, which will help ensure that you’ll be ready and raring to go come move-in day.
Top Tips for Orientation